Consultations are by appointment only. Please telephone 01704 560506 between 08:30 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 18:30 to make an appointment. Our aim is to give you an appointment within 48 hours from the day on which you telephone; however, some 24 hour appointments and some same day appointments are available.
Patients may request to see a specific doctor, but in the event that your doctor of choice is unavailable, we will offer you an appointment with another GP. You may have to book for a future appointment in order to see a specific doctor.
If your problem is clinically urgent it would be helpful if you would explain this to the receptionist.
Routine nurse appointments are pre-bookable.
Important: the surgery runs on 10 minute appointments, therefore the GP may not be able to deal with multiple problems in one visit. Please be aware the GP may ask you to re-book if there is not adequate time.
Click for >> Consultation Timetable
We also offer the facility of booking a ‘telephone consultation’; If you receive a letter in the post asking you to book a telephone consultation with a GP, please contact our receptionists who will be more than happy to arrange this for you. The GP will call you after their morning consultations have finished. Please ensure we have an up to date contact number.
Points to Consider
We suggest that the points listed below are worthy of consideration and will be helpful to both patients and staff.
- Do you need to see a doctor or nurse?
- Check the common ailments list at the back of this handbook before making an appointment.
- Telephone lines are always busy first thing in the morning. If your call is not an urgent one please consider telephoning later in the day.
- Remember telephone advice is available.
- A sick note can sometimes be extended without the need for an appointment with a doctor. Please leave a message.
- If urgent a repeat prescription can sometimes be issued without an appointment if you have consulted the doctor about your condition previously.
All patients are welcome to be accompanied at their consultations with a friend or relative, and we will also arrange for chaperones at consultations at both clinical/patient instigation.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.